jeudi 22 avril 2010

Family Recipe: Creamed Peas on Toast

Okay, this sounds disgusting but it is delicious. My mum, who grew up in Australia (for a time), tells me that everything can be eaten on toast. This recipe is really simple and quick. I don't know if I believe in comfort food but I think this is definitely of that category.

All you do is make a white sauce by creaming together 1/2 stick butter and 2 tablespoons flour in a saucepan until blended. Then add milk (about 1-2 cups?), salt, and pepper. Whisk constantly until boiled/thickened. Add frozen peas and (optional, but nummy) hard-boiled eggs cut into chunks. Serve on wheat toast.

This recipe seriously takes about 10 minutes, especially if the eggs are boiled ahead of time. Hence it is the quickest meal I know how to make which is actually healthy for you (I think.) The more peas the better.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire