vendredi 16 avril 2010

Most interesting volunteer opportunity in Seattle...

I REALLY want to do this one...please? I want to catalog spider carcasses! Because I don't volunteer my time for causes that actually help humanity. no. This is a MUCH more important way to make a difference. And I'd be able to tell people what spiders are dangerous, which ones air-travelled to Seattle from foreign places, and I would know all of the Latin names for the spiders! Come, on! I will definitely be doing this sometime in the future...

Job Title: Spider Collection Assistant

Description: The main task of this volunteer position is labeling, filling, stoppering, and installing vials of preserved spiders but it's really varied with all sorts of clerical, packing/unpacking, and miscellaneous tasks. Some biology background is a plus but the only real requirement is for a careful and precise worker with some interest in the subject who is willing to work in the basement! Participation in field trips is possible if the person is interested, but not required.

Also: If anyone out there is experienced in mounting butterflies, we could use you, too!

Contact: If interested, please contact the Burke by phone at (206) 543-7907 or by e-mail at
theburke@u.washington.edu.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire